Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Up close continued

This day we witnessed hope and dignity arise as one man, Warden Cain, who chose to  establish Mercy and Truth.   He constantly used kindness to establish truth.  The children ran out on the field as their dad’s name was called. The hearts of the children really did turn to their fathers!

 Reflecting on my personal journey, I was reminded of the “Tikvah”, or “red cord” that Rehab the harlot had used to rescue many.  This is the HOPE for families and nations.  Her past did not frame her story.  She extended help that became her future.    She knew her God. 

This is my “take” on the story inside Angola.  I see this as Hope for our future, in every sphere of society.  Apply the principles that Warden Cain used allowing the Word of God to transform his sphere. 
The scripture below from an article by Paul Keith Davis waiting in my computer when I returned from  Angola truly spoke to me.       


Ps 89:14-15 Your throne is founded on two strong pillars‑‑ the one is Justice and the other Righteousness. Mercy and Truth walk before you as your attendants. Blessed are those who hear the joyful blast of the trumpet, for they shall walk in the light of your presence.   His words  pierced me.  Was I really welcoming these two pillars in every area of my own life?  It brought to mind a teaching I did for a women’s bible study and the teacher  asked some of us to share a “.topic” for her soon to be published workbook.   I chose  KNOWING GOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment