Monday, August 4, 2014

No Limits to knowing HIM


By now you can imagine that the life of a designer creates space for change.   Many walls limit where we store our stuff.  You can see by the glimpses inside and up close that  grey days became opportunities to fill my space with more of Jesus.  This is the back story...

“ In fact, after completing  a Discipleship Training School with Youth With a Mission as a young single mom, the mandate of the mission “to know God and make Him known” was revealed.  This uncovered a wonderful life of learning to lean on God’s character, not mine.  New wonders of my amazing God gave me strength and a better knowledge of how to get to know Him. My shattered life with two small children and a husband in prison could not compare.   His suffering shaped my character. Transformation. To know Him .  Power came as I let go of my past and I pressed into Him.”

“Wonderful and exciting has been the journey. We have gone to places others do not dare venture. Prayer has been the vehicle that has carried me faster than a moving train to get close enough to know Him.  Jesus. He is my everything.  We have had moments in other countries learning and leaning together. We prayer walk. We jog. We sing.”

  “Here’s another way I’ve come to enjoy ‘hanging out’ with Jesus, just him and me. Usually it is very early morning or late night, when there are only sounds of slumber around me.”

“It’s a time when I experience the ‘intimacy with God’ so many people have spoken about. When thoughts and ideas form, it’s as if He talks. I listen.”

“Then, I either pray for revelation from the Holy Spirit on the subject, or I am compelled to dissect the  Word. His words to me, found in Bible passages, are so precious.  It is like we are thumbing his picture album.”

“I like to savor each page, reflecting on events, like when He walked on water or neared the darkest hour of his life in the garden--alone. He faced His present to take care of my future. My heart cries with Him. he is so beautiful in times like these. He lets me know that it’s like I am giving Him another cup of chamomile tea to soothe His aching heart. I really love these times because I get to work from the cross instead of striving to it. Somehow, my life struggles vanish.”

“Faith. Hope. Love. These triplets seem, to shout as the pages of Scripture reveal His heart.”

“The greatest thrill for me is that I have not exhausted all there is to know about Jesus. The more I know Him, the more there is to know, and I get thirstier for ‘tea time’. I encourage others to savor time, to spend time, to adjust schedules with friends to schedule time with Jesus.”

“I’ve found that He is waiting for each of us to get to know Him and His ways. His love waits for each of us!”

No comments:

Post a Comment